- This is a brochure from the Montgomery County Register of Wills Office that explains why Revocable Trusts are not everything they are advertised to be: https://registers.maryland.gov/main/publications/living%20trust%20pamphlet.pdf
- The D.C. Superior Court Probate Division has some good information about probate: https://www.dccourts.gov/superior-court/probate-division
- A helpful website for Maryland residents with probate and estate information: https://www.peoples-law.org
- DC estate tax is currently linked to the federal exemption, but this could change.
- The 2018 federal estate tax exemption is $11.2 million https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estate_tax_in_the_United_States
- Maryland estate tax exemption is $4,000,000.00 https://taxes.marylandtaxes.gov/Resource_Library/Taxpayer_Assistance/Frequently_Asked_Questions/Individual_Tax_FAQs/Estate-Inheritance-Fiduciary_Tax_FAQs/q6.shtml